CALL FOR APPLICATION
CODE-NGO DRRM PROJECT OFFICER
Duration of Project: July 1 to December 31, 2017 (6 months)
Nature of Position: Full time, project basis
Organization and Place of Assignment: Caucus of Development NGO Networks (CODE-NGO), Quezon City
The Project: CODE-NGO has an ongoing project which aims to amplify CSO and vulnerable groups’ voices in monitoring national government’s resettlement projects post-disaster and advancing inclusive local and national DRR-CCA plans and budgets, which are needs- and gender-responsive, particularly to most vulnerable sectors in disasters – i.e. women, children, elderly and persons with disabilities. Among its specific objectives:
- To equip CSO leaders with the tools and capacities to assess government shelter projects and local DRRM programs or projects, looking at addressing the needs of the most vulnerable populations in disasters – children, women, elderly and persons with disabilities.
- To articulate CSO and vulnerable groups’ policy recommendations to local and national government for inclusive DRR plans and programs that are responsive to the needs of the most vulnerable sectors in disasters.
Roles and Responsibilities of Project Officer:
- Implement the project activities according to the approved project implementation plan.
- Gather data or conduct relevant researches to support the implementation of the project.
- Provide technical support to the Training Consultant in developing the training modules and in conducting/facilitating the training programs for the project.
- Organize meetings, training/workshops and other related project activities, and attend to the corresponding logistical, financial and documentation requirements of these activities.
- Coordinate with project implementing partners and monitor their implementation of local project activities.
- Provide technical support for the activities of the CODE-NGO NCR DRRM Coordination Hub.
- Provide technical support to the CODE-NGO Advocacy Working Group on DRRM to link project activities to broader organizational thrusts on DRRM and mid-term directions for the project.
- Prepare reports as needed by the management and funding partners.
- Ensure that project deliverables are accomplished as scheduled.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Social Sciences, Business Management, Environmental Science or other related courses.
- Has at least 2 years of related experience in managing or implementing social development programs or projects; experience in social accountability or in disaster risk reduction and management (DRRM) initiatives is a plus but not required.
- Has good organization and planning skills
- Has good analytical skills
- Has good written and oral communication skills
- Has good presentation skills.
Interested applicants are asked to email 1) an application letter and 2) curriculum vitae to email@example.com, with the subject matter: Application for DRRM Project Officer, on or before June 30, 2017.