The Association of Foundations (AF), established in 1972, is the first heterogenous non-government organization (NGO) network in the Philippines. The most experienced, a pioneer in the sector.
The Association of Foundations has over 200 member organizations nationwide making it the country’s biggest network of NGOs and foundations.
AF Anthem: Lakas ng Isa, Lakas ng Lahat
A vibrant community of reputable foundations working together and engaging other stakeholders for equitable, inclusive and sustainable development.
As AF members individually and collectively move towards AF’s mission and vision, they are expected to abide by and demonstrate a set of core values: FASCInE
Treat all members equally
Understand impact of decisions and actions and takes responsibility for their outcome
Complement work of AF members
Promote efforts towards collective impact
Transparent and “walk the talk”
Innovate and build capacity for effective and efficient operations
Our History: The Pioneer Network of Foundations
Restored Democracy: 80s and 90s
- Caucus of Development NGO Networks (CODE- NGO), the largest aggrupation of civil society organizations (CSOs) in the Philippines
- National Coordinating Council on Local Government (NCC-LG),
- Federation of People’s Sustainable Development Cooperatives, provides financial and non-financial services to empower marginalized sectors with considerations on the 4Ps (People, Planet, Prosperity, Peace) of sustainable development.
Building Foundations: 2000s
- Building Successful Boards and Managing for Effective Board Governance, a two- pronged governance training program
- NGO Strengthening Assistance Mechanism with support from The Sasakawa Peace Foundation
- Strengthening the Capacity of CSOs Project, a USAID-funded project implemented by a CSO consortium including AF. AF led in designing and delivering the modules on Governance and Leadership and Strategic Planning and Management.
Current Thrust: Co-leadership Towards a Responsive and Future-Ready Philippine NGO Community
AF at present and into the future
Board of Advisers
Jon Ramon M. Aboitiz †
Jorge L. Araneta
Brian L. Belen
Imelda O. Cojuangco †
Howard Q. Dee
Ramon R. del Rosario, Jr.
Nellie C. Delgado
Antonio O. Floirendo †
George L. Go
Archimedes R. King †
Oscar M. Lopez †
Edgar “Injap” J. Sia II
Washington Z. Sycip †
Andrew L. Tan
Lucio C. Tan
Grace Tan Caktiong
Ma. Aurora F. Tolentino
George S.K. Ty †
Alfonso A. Uy
Alfredo M. Velayo †
Board of Trustees & Officers 2023
Jollibee Group Foundation, Inc.
Conrado and Ladislawa Alcantara Foundation, Inc.
Probe Media Foundation, Inc.
J. Amado Araneta Foundation, Inc.
Fr. Anton Pascual
Caritas Manila, Inc.
Dualtech Training Center Foundation, Inc.
Uygongco Foundation, Inc.
Mahintana Foundation, Inc.
Childhope Philippines Foundation, Inc.
Glen de Castro
Gerry Roxas Foundation, Inc.
ABS-CBN Lingkod KApamilya Foundation, Inc.
The Zuellig Family Foundation, Inc.
Del Monte Foundation, Inc.
Philippine Business for Social Progress, Inc.
Associate Program Manager