CAL FOR 2023 AF SPONSORS
Dear AF Members,
Greetings of peace!
CALL FOR SPONSORS:
Dear AF Members,
The Association of Foundations (AF) successfully celebrated its 50th Founding Anniversary last year, with the theme “Foundations Built on Strength” The highlight of the momentous celebration was the 50th Anniversary Program which was held back-to-back with the General Assembly, participated by over 200 representatives from 181 member organizations.
Together with our partners, we looked back to AF’s 5 decades of growing a vibrant community of foundations working together for a better future. To mark a new chapter as a network, we launched the AF Anthem “Lakas ng Isa, Lakas ng Lahat” through an accompanying music video: https://bit.ly/AFAnthem. We are currently in the process of producing AF’s 50th Anniversary Coffee Table Magazine.
We also embarked on a more strategic communications campaign to regularly provide the most relevant news and updates from and for the NGO sector. We aim to increase the visibility of development work and help raise public awareness about the contribution of nonprofits towards the country’s development agenda.
The following are among the activities and projects that we are undertaking this year:
· Convening the 51st General Assembly on May 26, 2023.
· Batch 3 of the Leaders Empowered and Dedicated to Serve through the NGO Sector (LEAD to Serve) Program completes the course this month and Batch 4 begins their year-long LEAD to Serve journey in April.
· The pilot run of the LEAD to Serve Program Management Course is expected to be completed in April. Please watch out for the enrollment for the next batch.
· LEAD to Serve has set another milestone by formally engaging with the Provincial Government of South Cotabato and has launched the first CSO Academy, a partnership of AF, DILG-12, DBM-12 and Mahintana Foundation. AF hopes to replicate this with other LGUs.
· AF will soon begin gathering data for the next iteration of the Doing Good Index which is expected to be launched in 2024.
· We will continue to facilitate learning exchange. We just completed the Digital Tayo learning series which provides guidelines on how to become responsible, empowered, and informed digital citizens. Other learning and capacity-building sessions will inform our members on regulatory policy updates and will strengthen their systems and program implementation.
· We are continuing our communications campaign through social media and the redesigned AF website. Please check it out here: https://afonline.org/.
· We will further enhance our capacity as a platform for AF members and partners to initiate, strengthen, or scale up collaboration around a shared objective.
· We will continue to engage our members in collective impact with other networks and sectors through collaborative efforts such as the Zero Extreme Poverty 2030 (ZEP2030) Movement.
· We will revisit our own regional alliances and assist them for reactivation.
Except for the LEAD to Serve offerings which were designed to be self-liquidating and the annual AF General Assembly that charges a minimal participation fee, we deliver most services free of charge. We do this to enable more members to participate and optimize the benefits of being part of our network. As you know, AF’s only “revenue” is from the annual membership fee which follows a socialized scheme. While this supports AF substantially, the total collection is not enough to support the network’s operations and activities.
Given this, we are humbly reaching out to you to be our partner as an AF donor. Your support will go a long way to help us in our mission of enhancing the capacities of NGOs and foundations for good governance and social impact.
Donors will be entitled to promotional mileage including acknowledgement in the forthcoming General Assembly and in AF learning sessions. The corresponding benefits are detailed in the Donation Package Sheet.
Please use the Pledge Form to indicate your support, and we hope to hear from you by April 28, 2023.
Thank you very much and looking forward to your kindness and generosity!