In a world that is increasingly volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA), the Philippine NGO sector needs to innovate to remain relevant and responsive to the mounting development challenges with declining funding sources.
The Leaders Empowered and Dedicated to Serve through the NGO Sector (LEAD to Serve) Program of the Association of Foundations (AF) gives the Philippine NGOs the opportunity to test out innovative ideas, and contribute in charting new ways of doing things. With funding from the Forest Foundation Philippines, LEAD to Serve – Innovation Fund has a modest amount to support NGOs in pursuing innovations and learning from these experiences.
LEAD to Serve is an evidence-based program that responds to the urgent call of building a pool of passionate and competent NGO leaders, who are fit and ready to tackle society’s multi-dimensional concerns.
Who are eligible
The call for proposals is open to all NGOs registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and keen to pursue innovative ideas:
• max of 10 months (project should end by October 2020)
• with a budget of around PhP 300k and 15% counterpart funding (may be in-kind such as staff time)
• with commitment to document and share lessons and experiences
What, when and where to submit
A filled-out proposal template should be emailed to email@example.com
• what specific issue to be addressed
• what it wants to achieve
• why it is considered innovative/creative/
• how it can be achieved (consider the factors that will enable the implementation as well as those that will hinder and how these are managed)
• when milestones are going to be expected
• what will be funded and by how much
For more information and to download the template: http://bit.ly/